Thursday, October 23, 2008

What constitutes a very bad day in my life:
Being the single mom to 6 very needy children is in and of itself very demanding. Put having the flu (me) where my stomach aches, I am on the toilet every ten minutes and if standing too long makes me dizzy all while parenting. Then to know I am expected to be at a meeting that the Governor of our state appointed me on, and have input. I go to the meeting to learn I missed two other meeting today; transition and ADA which my input would have been greatly appreciated...meanwhile, sitting in this meeting, I am more worried I do not vomit or worse! also juggling my son, Jordan who is also coming down with the flu and has a newly broken elbow.... SO, this is the night before yesterdays very bad day... I wake up not feeling any better to get the children on to their buses. Mentally I work diligently to get the children's lunches in their book bags, clothes on, hair done and ready for the bus..Keirsten put them on the bus for me to avoid my germ contact with a bus full of children.. I go back to bed after a stop to the bathroom...within the hour our water is shut off.

I scramble to the Bill pile to look for what happened..NOTHING...I go on the the computer searching for the last bill, NOTHING. I try to get on to my account and can't because I need information off my BILL...calling goes to a long stream of prompts which i know I need a print out now, so I pack up the kids..Oh let me back up. Michelle has a job interview and dropped Ayden off for me to watch????? She said he has had his flu shot, so all is good. Now, with Ayden, Sick Jordan whom i put into a pullup for reasons you understand, I beg Keirsten to hang with me for a couple hours (not to go to school) so I can run to the water company. We all go, good thing. I didn't make it. Keirsten goes into the water company who says they mailed the bill and I need to address the post man about why I didn't get it.. I call for my funds $$ balance and it is 105.00 with the water company demanding 380.00 to turn it back on and some indication the leak is getting fixed. I go to social services..Yes, sick with all the kids we sit in a lobby and wait 3 hours. I learn I do not have ENOUGH INCOME so they will not help me...... UNDERSTAND, I have too much income to get any regular public assistance?????? NO we do not get any food stamps, nothing... too much income.... I wish I had not been so truthful. When they asked me my expenses last month I said what I spent money on... $250.00 went to the kids special needs camp, $70.00 on a broken arm to get a "waterproof" cast, $50.00 at 5 kids' book fairs (not bad) we had school items which cost money, I didn't buy school pictures because $24.00 times 6 just made it over the top..and wouldn't have been able to go to camp... etc..On going it clearly shows my budget doesn't allow for the outgoing camp/broken arms/etc.. for my incoming.. HELLO, I know that! The kids do not go to camp monthly..... I had no energy to argue.. so I go home and contact friends and family to get a loan for a week. I try to get on line again with the codes they provided and it isn't working... my thought in panic is get it to go through my bank account on line and just pay the $20.00 fee ...BUT not happening, I can not get on line so I call the water company. I get a hold of the most compassionate worker there who stayed on the phone with me to help me understand #1 why I didn't get a bill (they have me on ebilling) On line but because I never completely enrolled I DID NOT get a bill either on line or in the mail. She helps me get to the on line pay but it doesn't go immediate and could be 48 hours before they see it is paid or maybe next Bill cycle. She says I can call back and check on the status when every I would like... I run to the local lend cash till your money comes in place which cost me $30.00, pay the bill and go home feeling about as frustrated as can be... I know tomorrow will be a better day...it always is. I did get to vent to our behavioral annalist which helps me get out of the feel angry at society not being more supportive of what I am doing personally to make the word a better place... You know 8 years of volunteering More hours then anyone could keep track of... so I breath, I vent and I move on because I have too much to do...