Sunday, January 10, 2010

AWE, back in the 70's by Wed..winter is over!

I stayed asleep past 5 am this morning and slept until 8 am....most would say "way to go" but that sure made a difference... the house gets down to 64 or 65 usually which is not dangerous at all but this morning it was 60 at 8 am...my cheeks were cool is what made me wake up... I jump out of bed, turn on the heater and race to the main part of the house to get the oven heating. Today is another "Thanksgiving" family day. A turkey basting in the oven all day. That will get us through the next 24 hours and then we are heading to warmer weather...

for now cuddle under covers and as a family ....eating hot oatmeal and drinking coffee...

We are in no danger, there is gas in my van to go elsewhere if necessary. I have a plan to leave if the house gets "cold" we live near a Hotel and also have friends offering to take some of the kids.. I am confident we are going to be fine here.

The kids are all doing more dance off contests which is making their bodies move and active bodies never get cold. The test is keeping the kitchen door open which is the danger for Tressa. I have placed mirrors full length on all my interior doors which offers me extra eyes..lol I can actually see out into the main part of my house by mirrors placed inside the house. Tressa is a little stressed about the door being open so we will see how this goes.. She needs to keep busy.

I am allowing myself to fall into dreaming of a new big big home with space, everything that works and even lend to having sleepovers and entertaining families here to assist in educating about raising children with DS... AT the pancake breakfast it was clear I am a support to families and yet I avoid people coming here because it is small and cozy for the kids and I but to have another family visit...a place to have private conversations....it does not do that and to have sleepovers...just can not go there.. I can feel the weight lifted off my shoulders one minute and the next in sheer panic that my guard has been down and I am hit with all the problems...and then stress takes over by body, mind yet I fight it from going deep into my soul...my optimism is still fighting it back...

I do not know if any of you watch desperate housewives.. tonight it has a piece that is on commercials and it reminds me of my kids so much... the little girl obviously Hispanic questions her family if she is Mexican...LOL My kids at about the same age realized they have Down syndrome and with little comprehension of what that really means when you are about 12 years old it comes back very cute...

Kaitlyn saw photos of the New York on line faces in time square when she said to me "They're just like me" I asked her what that means "They have Down syndrome" I said yes they do, what does that mean Kaitlyn? "They sell hot dogs" We had been raising funds for an event by selling Hot dogs outside walmart, She had been hearing me talk to many people about Down syndrome and at the same time we sold them a hot dog chip and drink.... Now she is 15 she has a little deeper understanding of what Down syndrome is and each year she grasps a little bit more about her disability but more about her ABILITY; she is well on her way to self advocating.

Warming up, need to move forward with my day....The sun is shining high and bright.
Tonight is Brothers and Sisters...the show that makes me know how "normal" my family really is...LOL