Monday, December 15, 2008

Camping weekend

We packed the van and headed East to the annual Gold Coast Down syndrome Holiday Party Saturday for noon in Ft Lauderdale. It was held at the Signature Grand, which is very nice. All dressed up the kids wanted to get on to the camping adventure and out of their dress up clothes. We had packed the cooler with all the necessities for the weekend.

Back at Lauderdale farm we let the kids run loose....with the pets. They were on the tire swings, up in the fort on lounge chairs and watching the large tortoise roam the yard. A new experience for them they would walk next to him, follow him and watch his every move. The other is a baby they could hold which Steven was the only bold enough to do. None bold for the hermit crabs this trip. Just watch. They all loved the Guinea pigs.. the birds were Ok, other than Jordan banging their cage a bit. The pond also had turtles which they were fascinated with. I think they always wondered if fish were there. In the end I believe the pond was the favorite over all, although the large tortoise right there.. For Tressa hands down the Guinea pig. A nice docile little lady pig.

We had a good time, sitting next to the fire was my peace. Well and a beverage in hand, which put me out like a light.

Now, Monday morning was a total different story.... This had to be hands down the worst morning this year. Tressa was OUT OF CONTROL... it was all about her this morning and if I tried to get the others ready she wold do something to divert attention and it got to the point she went to time out just to give me space. Her aggressiveness will be discussed at the annual physical this week... The explosion was a plastic ring that didn't fit her finger so I thought maybe if I pulled it a little it would bend..it snapped..and that was the end of the world. because Mr. D from school gave it to her..I told her I would get an adjustable ring today and that wasn't good enough she was screaming at me, pushing and screaming..TIME OUT! I was never so happy to see that big yellow school bus..

On a brighter note I will post some photos of the FUN weekend. I have a very busy day ahead.