Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Grrr grench time.....stay home my friends

I tell you, last week I went to finish all my shopping, everyone was smiling, greeting one another with smiles and "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holiday" some even gave hugs. Cashiers happy, customers pleasant.... I DID SAY LAST WEEK...

TODAY, my children nearly get run over not once but twice in the Target parking lot from drivers not wanting to obey laws for pedestrians in cross walks....Then the look when they barely hit your child like they wish they had...and flipping fingers, yelling inside the stores and out right nasty actions from people.... These can not be the same people shopping last week??? I got back into my van, went to the quiet side of town to a little more expensive store but well worth the time and money. I got my dips/chips/finger foods for tomorrows evening gathering. I actually complimented the store employees about their disposition and how pleased I was to be shopping there today.

I have my famous spinach dip made, Mandie made guacamole dip and spicy Hummus was bought pre-made. Chips of variety and cheeses/crackers. Michelle is in charge of drinks although I have hot spiced cider and flavored coffee on the back shelf in case she forgets. Mandie will make the final decision of sandwiches or pizza tomorrow. It is 50/50 in requests...

I have almost all my wrapping completed, the stockings will go together tomorrow night after the little ones are asleep. We will make cookies tomorrow for Santa and dress the house up for the party.

We wish you all a very family/friends centered couple of days. Enjoy this time together. Be neighborly. Give that extra smile.