Monday, December 15, 2008

Need to vent and share

I hate venting to loose such a cute photo as the opening visual. Scroll down and see the photos..

A couple things.. many of you will know how wonderful it was for me to see Lucas stick toys in his mouth this weekend...OH YEAH!!!!!!

Then, tonight inside I was celebrating although my outside was putting him in time out....He went into the bathroom, shut the door, got into the tub (dressed) and TURNED ON THE WATER!!!!!! He has enough strength and knowledge to do it!!!!!! YIPPEE!!
I know it is dangerous. I was watching and when I heard the water; I shut my eyes for a moment of Thank you Jesus, he is growing and getting stronger by the month... Then quickly went into explain this is dangerous and mommy must be in the bathroom for tub time...But you bet he turned it on for tonight tub time with mom in the bathroom watching.... I am tickled pink!.

now for the venting..... What do we do with the new age teens???? I remember middle school years 6 thru 8 th grades.. we did not have "middle schools" but we had the clicks, the ins and the outs. The new boyfriend each ballgame and who's who is who's where? Oh lord why does this ave to be??? Now with myspace and cell phone "text" and kids with access 24/7 does this have to up the scale... My Keirsten is in so much trouble... I TRUSTED her to leave her behind with a very nice family for the weekend while I went to the East coast. The two girls got into a text/myspace, phone attack with another girl over this Boy who is a dog in the whole sense of playing girls against girls who have no sense= DOG... Self esteem --Where is it???? so tonight she is grounded to me..ME... Yep to ME and I feel if she can not be trusted I have to have her in eye sight at all times...like a two year old. Might stick their finger in a light socket... she sure did this weekend. How are all you handling this..She doesn't have a cell phone, she has had a myspace her sister monitors and tells me when "what we can see" is visibly not ok... But emails are not visible. What's up with all the eye liner..I say mild make up and that is not eye liner and she comes home from "friends" eye liner 4 out of 5 days..... She has ADHD and heading to Bipolar the professionals say and this is where I need to be ahead of this now... cause it isn't going to get better. In the same time I can not shelter her so much by my side that she doesn't experience outside activities and know right from wrong... Oh it was so much easier 20 years ago and it didn't even feel like it back then... No I wasn't in middle school 0 years ago, my oldest daughter was... when I was in 7th grade it felt terrible... I hated and still do hate confrontations..

On the other negative..miss Tressa picked up berries off the school grounds today and when told to put it down--stuck it into her mouth. When told to spit it out they think it came out but they can not be sure as thy didn't "see" it. So they checked and none of the berries on grounds are poisonous so lets call it 20 calories and watch for any rashes from allergies.... no, not a dull moment in the life and times of this family.