Monday, December 29, 2008

Re-connecting to family

The Internet has it's pluses and it's negatives. I am in contact with family I would never be in contact with if it were not for the Internet; personal sites, myspace, facebook, blogging and emails. The flip side is raising teens with this finger tip communication when they have not the skill or restraints to have such easy access to spew their emotions. My 15 year old tends to take things out to the limits and some days beyond..With this access it has shown to be more than she is responsibly able to control when her emotions are altered... I know from the beginning of time teens have been this "emotional" although this access makes it more dangerous for people to say things they wouldn't say face to face...

The positive is I feel a connection to a couple nieces who have been reaching out. I am seeking to locate friends from High School to catch up before my 30 year reunion this summer so we can feel closeness when we meet. I have lost one of my dear high school friends, Cathy Maupin, this past year so this trip will have more than one emotional meeting for me. I am tossed if it should be a drive and take the children to experience my home town or alone (fly) to take care of me and my needs alone. Only time will answer these decisions.

I need to hop in the shower and move on with this day... we are heading out to check on Tressa's star later today.