Saturday, December 6, 2008

Phones and teenagers....

This is an ongoing issue in our home. I have set limits on phone use and they are pushed to the edge all the time. I have to pick my battles because there could be TOO many if everything became an issue... but the PHONES some days are an issue...

OK, this is totally MY FAULT, two days ago Mandie shows up with tasty onion soup for me. I am on the phone and start to eat--I am at the table... in a second my cell phone slips out of my hand right into my bowl of soup. I retrieve it right away and pat it dry. It still worked so I thought I was lucky. The next day it started dying slowly, now it is dead and will not re-charge or do anything. So the house phone becomes the lifeline.... When I go to get a house phone, none are to be found. Not one on the jacks and none anywhere I can find. I wake Keirsten up and tell her she needs to locate ALL THE HOUSE PHONES, get them ALL on their charges and until she does she can not go back to bed... Yes, I know it is 10:30 in the morning, TEENAGER, did I mention that. She walks out of her room with an arm full of phones placing them back on their chargers.... UGH!!!!! phones and teenagers.....

Ok, Nancy try calling again, one might have some life left in it.