Monday, December 8, 2008

Persistence pays off!

Today was a GREAT day. I actually CLEANED out my bedroom closet.."Really" cleaned out my closet. even threw out some rotted shoes from the 70's. In doing so I ran across the resort door key from our family trip to Disney January 2003. Yes, I told you I really cleaned it out. The ironic piece is that in 2002, the bitter sweet year of my life, I bought the kids and myself timeless passes to DISNEY WORLD. It was a five day pass with no expiration date. I had sold the 15 acre property through the divorce and a gift to us were these passes. We went to Disney January 3rd, 2003 and upon returning home I could never find the passes again. We have been to Disney a few times since and have had to purchase additional passes.. Well today I decided to call one more time. I got this wonderful lady on the phone. All she does is locate and re-issue lost park passes and had little hope once I told her my credit card that purchased the tickets was a debit card I have replaced several times so I didn't have that to give her for her search. I did however have the exact date I used it. I had my key card from that stay...she didn't seem to believe that would be enough, she would give it her best shot.... I waited and waited.. A great day so you know she came through for us.. She located the sale and has re-issued the tickets for us!!! YIPPEE..

We are planning our annual trip to Orlando and will be staying in Disney for a week in June. Our trip is a bit crunched between other family events. School ends, we rush to Disney (an annual conference) hurry home for Mandie's wedding, every one of the children are in (all 10.) Then in July we have a house guest from France coming to our home to share time in the USA as an exchange student. We will have a full summer again this year. Some where we have to fit the week of camp into the plans.

On the flip note...still no glasses from school.